Pictures are an important part of a SharePoint site, it enriched the otherwise plain look and feel. With a little extra effort we can integrate Slimbox to show the pictures in a very slick and modern way.
1. Download Slimbox2 and jQuery, in this example I used jQuery 1.8.3 uncompressed.
2. Save the files in the Style Library of SharePoint. Note that not all the Slimbox files are required to be stored in SharePoint.
5. Create a picture library and save a couple of pictures to the library. The picture library will provide the necessary thumbnails without any extra effort.
6. Add a CQWP to a page and query the pictures.
7. Create a XSLT that shows the small thumbnails of the pictures, for example in a banner view.
8. I created two variables for the default SharePoint Thumbnails, Thumbnail_w and Thumnbail_t. And used the following code to show the small thumbnail with a Slimbox link to the bigger thumbnail.
9. Also note that the title field is added to the Slimbox link, the title will be displayed on the Slimbox overlay.