Today I found out that I have access to a Document Information Panel! In Word 2016 I have a new button that opens the SharePoint properties in a nice and easy manner. I cannot find any statement about the button or any other information, but I am loving it.
A customer had an issue with the accessibility of an important centralized reporting list. The list contains the status of different knowledge sites, but the list was not directly accessible from those sites. Users that needed to update the list often where unable to find it. We added a hyperlink to the centralized list (the specific item) with a ‘redirect’ back to the related knowledge site. This changed the user experience from a centralized, semi hidden list, to an easy to find and easy to use list.
- Create a normal hyperlink, for example.
- Add the source parameter after the hyperlink.
- Add after the source parameter the redirect hyperlink.
- When the user clicks on the hyperlink the target location will be openend.
- When the users clicks a button (ok, save or cancel) the source hyperlink will be openend