SharePoint 2013/Online: Disable Quick edit
SharePoint 2010: Disable Datasheet editing
- Now you need to get the display names of the fields you need to set to read only (disable). Note that you need the correct name of the input, select, text area etc fields. Make sure you do not select the label of the field.
- You can use a DOM explorer to find the correct type of fields and the corresponding name. Note that different types are just for different columns
- In this example I selected the Multiple Lines of text field
- The selected code is
- In this code you are able to find the name: Multiple Lines
- And the type of field: textarea
- Do this for all the fields you need disable
- In my example I will disable the following fields
Name Column Type Input field type Multiple Lines Multiple lines of text Textarea Title Single line of text Input Date Date and time Input Choice Choice Select
- Depended on the type of field different code is required.
- For Input and textarea use
- For select we use
- The final code will look as follows
- Open the edit (or new) form of the list.
- Set the edit form in edit mode
- Add the Script Editor Web Part to the page
- Edit the SNIPPET and add the following code
- Insert the code en Stop editing the form.