You can use column formatting (JSON) to create buttons that start a Flow on the corresponding list item in SharePoint. The button will be shown in the view for easy and fast access. After clicking the button the Flow Launch Panel will be displayed and you can start the Flow. This button is faster then clicking on the … then Flows followed by clicking the correct Flow.
Creating the Flow button
- Open the settings of the document library.
- Create a new single line of text column with the name Start a Flow.
- Paste the code (located below) in to the Column formatting setting.
- Change the actionParams to the correct Flow ID.
- Change the txtContent to the name that needs to displayed as the value of the column.Currently it is Start a Flow.
Finding the Flow ID
- Open PowerAutomate.
- Click on the name of the Flow.
- In the ID is located in the URL after shared.
- For the following Flow URL the ID is 788b1689-e999-99d9-9f37-fc539d5ba36b